The original name of dumplings in ancient times was Jiaobai, which symbolizes reunion and peace, so it is customary to eat dumplings on some important holidays, such as Great and Lesser Colds, Winter Solstice, and Winter's Day. Spring Festival The sayings "noodles" are enough to explain status of dumplings in people's hearts. On New Year's Eve, dumplings are a must in almost every family for New Year's Eve dinner, and it's also taste of home that strangers miss most. There are many ways to make dumplings. This year at New Year's dinner we will eat Sheksi dumplings. Family Members: They are tall and in past only princes and nobles could eat them.
Dumplings not only have various fillings, such as three delicacies, shrimp, pork and green onions, lamb filling, etc., almost any ingredients can be turned into dumpling filling. During Spring Festival, some coins, peanuts, dates, etc. Get a good start. And there are many kinds of dumplings. The traditional way is to cook them in a pot. In fact, steaming, frying, and frying can also be used depending on different fillings for dumplings. For example, it is better not to boil dumplings with a lot of water, but cook them steamed, those that are easy to prepare can be fried and eaten.
There are also various ways of making dumplings. Traditional dumplings are crescent-shaped, but chefs have given them a different shape and they look like they are alive. Some are like sun, and some are like flowers in full bloom. , such as Sixi dumplings, these forms were only eaten in palace and houses of some noble ministers in ancient times. Now we are chasing delicious food, and also love food with better shapes, so practice of Sixi dumplings is becoming more and more popular. among people! Sixi dumplings, an obligatory attribute of New Year's dinner, classic palace dumplings, which used to be eaten only by princes and nobles!
Sixi dumplings recipe
Ingredients: 300 g flour, 250 g pork, 200 g green onions, carrots, mushrooms, eggs, celery, salt, sesame oil, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, thirteen spices, sugar.
1. First, add two eggs and appropriate amount of water to flour and knead dough. Let it sit for 20 minutes before kneading dough. Knead dough until it hardens and let it rest for a while. In middle, you can prepare stuffing for dumplings. ;
2. Cut pork and green onions separately, then add them together and chop a little, then put minced meat into pot, stir continuously with chopsticks in one direction until pork is sticky, and then add appropriate amount of salt, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, thirteen spices and a small spoonful of sugar to taste, and finally add a little sesame oil for a more aromatic taste;
3. Prepare filling for decoration. Break eggs in a bowl with a little salt until formation of egg liquid, fry egg shells in a pan, then cut eggs into slices, then blanch carrots and celery in boiling water. Control water, cut them separately, put them in a bowl, add some salt and sesame oil to taste, then wash and cut shiitake mushrooms, fry them in a non-stick pan, then put them in a bowl, add some salt and oil to taste, i.e. To. Sixi dumplings are steamed, so just add some salt to these ingredients;
Six C dumplings
4. Finally, knead dough into strips, and then roll it into a small dough, and then roll it into a round dumpling wrap, try to be bigger and thicker than average dumpling wrap, because Sixi dumplings have rich fillings. First, put pork filling in middle of dumpling skin, then fold two opposite sides of dumpling skin in half, and fold other two opposite sides in half as shown in picture above, like a flower with four petals, and then fold every two adjacent ones. Pinch adjacent sides of "petals" to make flower look fuller, and then add chopped eggs, celery, carrots and mushrooms to four "petals";
5. After wrapping, add water to steamer. After water boils over high heat, put Sixi dumplings into steamer and steam for about ten minutes.