Mung Bean Cake: Fragrant and moist, like Chaoshan jade biscuits.
I love mung bean pie at Chaoshan, especially mung bean pie at Zhangling, which is tender and sweet in mouth. Every Mid-Autumn Festival, my friend always brings me mung bean cakes made at his uncle's house. Small bean cakes still hold secrets such as fragrant green tea and lotus seed paste, sweet jujube paste and bean paste. ..Each work intoxicates me Remember last year. Sometimes I really want mung bean cakes, but I just can't buy my friend's uncle's natural bean flavor. I always wanted to make it myself, and found a lot of information. Zhanglin's bean cake cooking method is delicious. It has to go through procedures of boiling beans, boiling beans, cleaning, drying beans, and grinding beans, especially step of grinding beans. As saying goes: “My grandmother used to grind mung beans and put in only three grains at a time.” Grind mung beans into powder, add white sugar and edible oil, mix well, stir several times and knead cake dough, and then use family wood to carve cakes with patterns such as "Fu", "Lu" and "Shou" . After embossing and shaping, place it in a steamer and steam for 5-10 minutes to make a mouth-watering zhanglin mung bean cake. When embossing baking, you can also add bean paste, sesame paste, lotus seed paste and other toppings On weekends, mung bean cake that I was thinking of playing at home takes much less time, but advantage is that material is carefully chosen, and mung bean cake is still fragrant and moist as jade.
Mung beans 500g
120 g corn oil
Sesame oil 5g
150 g fine granulated sugar
1 small handful of flour
1. Mung beans choose shelled mung beans.
2. Soak chopped beans overnight.
3. Steam mung beans (about 30 minutes).
4. Use a mortar and mortar to mash steamed mung bean paste into mung bean paste.
5. Pour corn oil into a saucepan and heat oil.
6. Add mung bean paste.
7. Add sugar.
8. Add sesame oil.
9. Stir constantly and fry over low heat, fry mung bean paste in a non-stick pan, turn off heat and cool.
10. Take a handful of flour, put it in a non-stick frying pan and fry over low heat until it turns slightly yellowish and becomes boiled flour.
11. Prepare form.
12. Take a small piece of mung bean paste, dip in prepared flour and press into mold.
13. Use mold to extrude template and tap on bean pie.
14. Mung bean cakes with different shapes can be squeezed out using different molds.
15. Put finished cake with mung bean in refrigerator for a better taste.
The step of pressing mung bean paste is more important, more delicate pressing, better taste of mung bean pie. Ready-made mung cake is pure natural, without preservatives, has a relatively light taste, it is best to eat it within three days.