A friend said in group that after epidemic, he most of all wanted to eat dishes from Gaba, I told him: "I will post a master class, and you can cook it yourself at home!"
Many foreign friends came to Tianjin and wondered, "Why is Gaba's food not a vegetable?" Gaba cuisine is not a dish, at most you need to add proper amount of coriander powder to it, but it is also an auxiliary material.
We usually see crispy rice dishes written in books or on early shop signs, but what people in Tianjin actually say is "gaba dishes".
Dating back to Qing Dynasty, Gaba is a typical breakfast in Tianjin. There is an old saying in Tianjin Wei: "First pancakes and fruits, and then Gaba dishes." dishes, because pure mung noodles are used to make pancakes. When it gets into brine, it will crumble a little. Therefore, main ingredient in Gaba's cuisine is mung beans, supplemented with rice or millet.
The marinade of Gaba cuisine is a simple stew, and soul of its taste is anise and coriander root. The marinade of Gaba cuisine should not be salty, but should be fragrant and tasty.
Catch gaba and put in marinade, soak for a while, stir, pour over sesame sauce, season with tofu sauce, sprinkle with a handful of coriander and add a little chili oil. A plate of delicious Gaba dishes is ready. A plate with Gaba dishes is colorful, fragrant, tasty and beautiful.
Some netizens think that Shandong pancake soup is very similar to Tianjin Gaba cuisine. In fact, they are only relatively similar.
Shandong pancake soup. The easiest way is to tear open Shandong pancakes and boil them in boiling water. A special method is to cut Shandong pancakes into long strips and soak them in soup. The soup is a sauce made by adding sesame oil, soy sauce, and vinegar to chicken soup and then sprinkling with chopped green onions.
The difference between two is that Shandong pancake soup pancakes are made with millet, corn, or mixed grains, Gaba of Tianjin cuisine Gaba is made with mung beans with rice or millet added, while Shandong pancake soup pancakes are made with meat soup in kitchen Tianjin Gaba uses a vegetarian marinade.
Speaking of mung beans, main ingredient in Gaba cuisine, do you know how resistant Tianjin people are to eating mung beans?
Fried and stewed shrimp can be eaten with mung bean noodles. For pancakes, use mung bean noodles. The main ingredient in gaba dishes are mung beans. mung bean sprouts. . . . . .
Let me tell you how to cook Gaba at home:
Let's cook Gaba first:
1. Prepare mung beans and millet. (rough ratio of mung bean to millet is 4:1)
2. Rinse mung beans and millet, dry, grind into powder with a coffee grinder and pass through a sieve.
3. Pour in appropriate amount of cold boiled water, mix well, add appropriate amount of cold boiled water and mix well again. (Rotate it until it looks like a mush, don't pour too much water at a time, otherwise it will be liquid if you pour too much)
4. Grease a frying pan or electric baking dish with a layer of oil, spread bean noodles on pancakes, let cool, cut into willow leaves, and then dry, Gaba is ready.
Next, prepare marinade:
1. Pour an appropriate amount of sesame oil into a saucepan, add anise (star anise) seeds, stir-fry until fragrant, and remove anise (star anise).
2. Once green onion and ginger are in pot, take them out, then put in coriander root, sauté until browned, and take them out.
3. Add required amount of sweet noodle sauce, soy sauce, five spice powder and mix well.
4. Add appropriate amount of water and boil.
5. Pour boiling water into a large bowl and stir while pouring. Add an appropriate amount of ginger powder, boil it, add water starch to thicken it, and boil it into a stew. The marinade is ready.
The following is a recipe for gaba dishes:
1. Take a large handful of Gaba and put it in marinade, stir for a while so that it is soaked, and transfer to a bowl.
2. Drizzle with sesame sauce, bean curd sauce, chili oil, sprinkle with a handful of coriander, and a plate of Gaba vegetables is ready.