In Northwest China, almost everyone is familiar with term "stuffed skin", right? The people of Qinghai call it "Nangpi" and people of Shaanxi - "Lianpi". Nongpi is a traditional snack with a strong local flavor in Qinghai. Served with gluten seasoned with vinegar, chili oil, mustard, leeks, garlic and other seasonings, this is a nice stuffed skin. It tastes spicy and cool, with a soft and delicate taste and a long aftertaste.
Baijia Nianpi from Xinghai Street, Maczhong Nianpi from Mojia Street, Brother Nianpi from Shanshan Street, Shengliang from Zhonghua Street, and Xiao Wu from Red Cross are all good. Stuffed leather vendors can be seen all over Xining and various cities in agricultural areas. In your free time, drink a bowl of golden and delicious stuffed skin, which will let you release your body heat in a hot and sour taste and enjoy a different taste.
In 1930s, a resident of Xining named Ga Yuzi became famous for making effigies out of leather. Some of its stuffed skins are cold or hot, and some are fried rice and jellies, which are high in gluten and seasoned enough. Soak apples and dasyan in vinegar, pour hot vegetable oil to make bright red and spicy chili peppers with oil, garlic puree with vegetable oil, mustard sauce, sesame paste, etc. The boiled stuffed skin is mostly spicy, with mixed flavors that are truly unique. In addition, stuffed skin is exquisite in performance, it tastes soft and soft, with strong elasticity, hard but not hard, decorated with many pieces of gluten and sprinkled with various seasonings, and has a long and unique taste. In 1950s, Nongpi, run by Yu, nicknamed outside south gate of Xining, was opened on city's South Street. The Nongpi he made was also very distinctive, with exquisite seasonings, and was very popular with eaters. People called him Guyer Nongpi.
1. Stir flour (or mung bean flour, etc.) into dough;
2. Wrap it in a very thin and clean white cloth and wipe it several times in a bowl of clean water.
4. Open a white cloth that no longer leaks starch and only has a small piece of gluten left in it, such as frozen tofu;
5. An indispensable companion for stuffed skin is steamed gluten - without it, it is like coffee without milk, and you will feel much worse;
6. Then gently rinse accumulated starch paste with clean water, and slowly pour it into a large and flat saucepan according to quantity, and touch it evenly and flatly;
7. After that, steam several large flat plates in cage. At this time, starch paste turned into a large shiny "cake";
8. Carefully separate "cakes" and stack them one by one. Cooked vegetable oil must be applied to each other to prevent sticking;
9.After cooling, production of main ingredient is considered complete. The word "nyan" means "steaming", so "nyanpi" means "steaming" is an important step in its processing.
How about this? Is your saliva unstoppable? If you have never been to Qinghai, be sure to try it after your arrival!